Tuesday, June 16, 2009

My Writing...Seven Weeks Later

Over the length of this course I honed in on a lot of things I thought I could accomplish with my writing but never perfected. Through experiencing the different writing styles found within mass communication I learned to write more concisely and deliver my message more completely.

I initially had a rocky relationship with APA style....I was upset when I forgot simple rules that may not have seemed so important at the time, but in my final copies made my writing seem more professional and clear. I was disappointed with my first few assignments...but with a few encouraging words from my professor and leaving my writing comfort zone I was able to see a completely different side of my writing. I learned that less can be more. It is harder to condense a piece to a few words but still make a complete point then to create a long winded story that really just takes up space.

Over all I feel that after taking the class I am more prepared when asked to write for something within my field of study.

No comments:

Post a Comment